09 October 2012

Recap: Monterey (w/pics!)

After saying farewell to San Francisco Bay, we anchored one night in Half Moon Bay, then headed to Monterey, where we have stayed the past few nights. Monterey is proving to be a wonderful town where the sun is always shining (not typical for this time of year, we've been told) and there is a bike/pedestrian path along the water anywhere you need to go. The marina is next to Fisherman's Wharf, 1.2 miles from Cannery Row, and just a short walk to Alvarado Street (which has some nice restaurants and an awesome farmer's market that we happened upon). We visited the excellent Monterey Aquarium with the Loys, and rented another tandem bike to do the scenic 17 mile drive. We've really gotten acquainted with the town, having lunch at a quaint cafe, good eats at happy hour, and Matt finally got his crab!









 



1 comment:

  1. Looks like a good town; reminds me of Ballard with some of those pics. Matt, tonight I stopped off in Mill Creek town center for a work out at LA Fitness. Driving by Azul made me think of a lot of fun evenings we had there for dinner. Things are going well with me. My pulled tendon in my left leg has gotten much better, I have been hiking the past 3 weekends. I found my favorite mountain lake yet in Blanca Lake near stevens pass. Take care kids! love you guys

    ReplyDelete